Funky bombay potatoes
A simple, full flavoured meal or side to complement another dish
- 800g or however many spuds you like
- 4 fresh tomatoes diced or a can
- 2 big handfuls of green beans
- 2 cloves of garlic or more
- 1 big chunk of ginger
- 1 onion or two
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons of Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- A pinch or two of salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- A few fresh chillis
- Chop up the garlic, ginger, chilli and tomatoes.
- Chop the potatoes into small quarters or pieces if they are already large and boil them for at least 10 minutes before setting aside.
- Chop up the onion and simmer on medium heat in a big pan with the oil. When the onion is fragrant, add and mix the spices as well as salt, ginger and garlic.
- Add the potatoes and let the spices coat them. Cook for a few minutes then add the tomatoes and chilli. When the tomatoes have thickened up a bit then lastly add the beans until cooked and add more spices or salt to your liking.
Note: If you like softer potatoes, then cook for longer than 10 minutes. You can also blend the tomatoes with the garlic and ginger so it becomes smoother.