Skip to content
Whole roasted Cauliflower
- 1 Large whole cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil ( or half olive and half sesame oil)
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- I used soy sauce instead of miso and vegie stock instead of mirin and I didn’t add any maple syrup but used lemon juice
- ¾ cup raw unsalted cashews Or almonds
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup ( used brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds could use currents instead
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, toasted ( I also added same in pepitas)
- 1 long green chili, slice Or capsicum
- ¼ cup mint leaves sliced
- Extra whole almonds or cashews to garnish
- Place the cashews into a bowl and cover with ¾ cup of boiling water. Set aside for 30 minutes to soak.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cut the base of the cauliflower so it will sit on a flat surface evenly. Cut a cross into the base of the stem with a small sharp knife. Bring a large pot of salted water up to a simmer and place the cauliflower upside down into the pot and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the cauliflower from the pot and allow excess water to drain off.
- Place into a lined baking pan or tray and drizzle with oil and season with a little salt. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk all the miso glaze ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and take off the foil. Spoon over the miso glaze and place back into the oven uncovered for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the glaze is bubbling and golden.
- Place all the cashew cream ingredients, including the water into the jug of a stick blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, remove the cauliflower from the oven and drizzle with cashew cream, pomegranate seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chili and scatter over the mint. Serve warm with a fresh green salad.