Seasonal Stir-fry Veg
Easy stir fry to make with whatever vegetables you have at hand, below is just my example.
- Bok Choy
- Cabbage (red, white or Chinese)
- Lemongrass, half a shoot/stem
- Fish sauce
- Soy sauce
- Lemon or lime
- Cooking oil
Method – Stir-fry
- Chop all vegetables
- Finely diced the garlic, chilli, ginger and lemongrass
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan to medium to high temp
- Add the harder veggies, like carrot and celery (anything that you’d need to cook a little longer). Stir-fry for about 5 mins
- Throw in the remainder of in ingredients and sauces
- Stir fry for around 5 mins, or until all is cooked to your liking, key here is to not over cook everything they are only vegetables so you should leave them very crunchy to add texture to this dish. Nothing worse than a soggy sir-fry.
- Add salt, chilli or sit sauce to taste but with the fish and soy sauce you skid be grand on the salt front.
- Serve with rice and toss the fresh coriander on top.
Method – Rice
Best to cook your rice first so you can serve the stir-fry fresh and hot. If you don’t have a rice cooker best way is in microwave.
1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water for white rice / 1 cup of rice to 3 cups of water for brown rice
Cook on high uncovered for 10 mins then covered for white: 12mins / brown: 20mins